Requirements for applicants include:
- Be a resident of Pueblo County, maintain a secondary residence, or have a business within the county.
- Be at least twenty-one years of age or older or is at least 18 years of age if seeking a temporary, emergency permit
- Must be able to successfully complete extensive background investigations
- Submit proof of completion of a firearm safety or training course or class
- Provide a copy of current Colorado driver’s license, Colorado identification or Military identification and duty orders
An application can be printed (PDF) or can be picked up at either of the following locations:
- Pueblo County Sheriff's Office
909 Court Street
Pueblo, CO 81003
- Pueblo County Sheriff's Office-Pueblo West Substation
320 E Joe Martinez Boulevard
Pueblo West, CO 81007
Upon completion of the application, you must call the number listed on the application to schedule an appointment to have your picture and fingerprints taken.