Victim Assistance - Protection Orders

To get a Civil Protection Order:

  • If you are a victim of domestic violence or elder abuse, ACOVA can assist you with the paper work, safety planning and court accompaniment.  Please contact 719-583-6434 for more information. 
  • The first business day after the assault, go to the 10th Judicial District building at 501 N. Elizabeth St. (Corner of 4th and Elizabeth St.) to file the paperwork.
  • You must submit (turn in or file) the paperwork before 10:00 am to have your case heard the same business day. If filed after 10:00 am, your case will be heard on the next business day following the crime.
  • There are filing fees for the court. Also, there are service fees if you choose to have the Sheriff's office serve the order. In some circumstances, the fees may be waived. The fees are as follows:
    • $60 Filing Fee (Court)
    • $15 Service Fee
  • A temporary civil protection order lasts for approximately 14 days. You must return to court to obtain a permanent order.
  • A mandatory restraining order may already be in place if an arrest was made. It is your responsibility to follow-up to see if you need to do anything more.
  • You must carry the restraining order with you at all times.

To find out when the defendant will be released from jail, you must be placed on the Victim Information Notification List by registering at 1-888-263-8463 or Colorado VINE.

Pueblo Judicial Building
  1. Dennis Maes Judicial Building

    Physical Address
    501 N Elizabeth Street
    Pueblo, CO 81003