- Law Enforcement
- Investigation Services
- Civil / Fugitive
- Writ of Restitution
Writ of Restitution
The Sheriff's Office Responsibilities at the Time of Eviction
- The Deputy will stand by to keep the peace.
- The Deputy will supervise the move out and see that it is done in a peaceful manner. The deputy will oversee until the eviction is complete.
- The Deputy will restore the property back to the Landlord/Agent following the completion of the eviction.
- Once the Writ of Restitution is complete, Deputy will post a "No Trespassing Sign" as well as a copy of the Order.
Note: Any questions regarding storage of property, landlord liens, etc. must be handled through your attorney. Colorado State Statute 30-10-520 strictly prohibits Deputies from giving legal advice.
Requirements of the Landlord
If the Tenant Moves out
- The Landlord/Agent needs to contact the Sheriff's Office at 719-583-6405, to cancel the eviction at least 24 Hours before the scheduled time. Failure to do so will result in loss of fees for execution.
If the Tenant Fails to Move out
- The Landlord/Agent must meet the Officers at the property on the scheduled date and time. In the event that the Landlord/Agent is running late, notification should be made to the Sheriff's Office by calling 719-583-6405 and the Deputy will only wait 10 minutes.
- The Landlord/Agent must provide a crew large enough to remove the Tenant's property within 1 hour (no longer than 2 hours) and be ready to begin on the scheduled date and time. If the Landlord/Agency does not provide enough manpower to complete the eviction in allotted time, then the Deputy can reschedule the eviction at the Landlord/Agent's expense.
- If the eviction time exceeds two hours the landlord will be subjected to additional fees (C.R.S. 30-1-104)
Landlord Should Be Prepared To
- Change the locks as soon as possible after restoration of the property.
- Bring large plastic trash bags (or boxes) and plastic gloves.
- There should be no breaks or lunch breaks during the execution of the order.
- Water Beds - Be prepared to have a water bed pump for draining.